On Tue, Nov 07 2017, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:
> On 2017-11-07, Kim Zeitler <kim.zeit...@konzept-is.de> wrote:
>> This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.
>>
>> --------------ms030007050806020307030407
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I have a question concerning routes and ospf.
>> We are using iked(8) with a gif(4) interface and ospfd(8) to set up=20
>> routing.
>>
>> If the ipsec tunnel is down, no ospf route is set and the default route=20
>> used.
>>
>> Is it sensible and possible to add a null-route from the vpn-gateway to=20
>> the remote-networks so a 'Network not reachable' is sent immediately?
>
> Sensible - yes.
>
> Possible - not sure but I think you would probably need to monitor the ipsec
> status and add the route and/or gif interface only once the SA is up.

I may be missing something, but maybe just add a -reject route with
a low -priority for each of your ospf routes?  When an ospf route
disappears the -reject one would be preferred.

(And if all your "vpn" routes are in a common prefix, you can just use
a single -reject route for that prefix and let more-specifics win.)

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE