On 11/15/17 21:50, James wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 3:06 PM, Gareth Nelson <gar...@garethnelson.com>
> wrote:
>> Use key-based authentication?
>>

> Okay, but that doesn't fit the requirement.
> I want something iteratively password free.
> AFAIK, somewhere along the line in key-based authentication you need
> to enter a password to unlock the key.

You can generate passphrase-less ssh keys.

It would probably be wise to set up some some sort of authentication for
the device that holds your private key(s), but you do log on to your
machine in order to start working, don't you?

I find the rest of the message a bit hard to follow, but I suspect you
may be unaware that features functionally very close to what you
describe actually exist, and are documented in the man pages for the
software you mention in this last message.

(And not top-posting would help follow the discussion a lot - a rant
about that and a couple of other things can be had at[1] for those in need).

[1] https://bsdly.blogspot.com/2011/02/problem-isnt-email-its-microsoft.html

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/