On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:50:35 +0000

> > I would like to get a number of intel device IDs and/or drivers
> > working with OpenBSD including broxton graphics 0x5a85
>
> hmmm, 0x5a85 seems to already be present in the OpenBSD code despite
> unknown product except broxton may be being dropped by intel and
> apollo lake now uses the broxton code on Linux perhaps with different
> firmware.
>
> Perhaps it is first worth seeing if 4.4.70 and 4.8 linux kernels work
> with the apollo lake hardware unless anyone has any insights?

Acceleration worked with 4.13 but Ubuntu console even was choppy and
unusable even outside of X with 4.4.70 on Ubuntu!!. Turns out xenodm
was running and the screen was not being detected on OpenBSD. I'll
find out later if Inteldrm works with a native flat panel rather than
HDMI but when inteldrm is disabled, wsfb works automatically and rather
well even with youtube fullscreen and is more than sufficient for our
needs, :).