On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 06:48:49PM +0000, Alfred Morgan wrote:
> I looked through your links and found some relatively inexpensive devices.
> Would any of these satisfy any of your requirements?
>
> 15 GBP - Datel Wireless and Network Adaptor (Xbox 360)
> http://amzn.eu/6Bi93OR

See the remark about lack of support in the ath9k_htc driver here:
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Datel_Wireless_%27N%27_Networking_Adapter_For_Xbox_360

That said, information on wikidevi might be outdated; perhaps Linux
supports this device nowadays? Best way of finding out is to buy and try.

But for now I'd prefer to work against a device that's known to work.

> 15 USD - TP- Link Wireless USB Adapter
> http://a.co/8Qjf8gN

Hard to know with this one. TP-Link has reused this product name for
different atheros and realtek chips:

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WN822N_v1 some atheros legacy 11n :(
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WN822N_v2 atheros AR7010 :)
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WN822N_v3 realtek :(
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WN822N_v4 realtek :(

I suppose that most athn USB users will end up with AR9271 instead of AR7010,
because AR9271 devices are much easier to track down for a reasonable price.
Still, I need an AR7010 to make sure my driver changes don't break it.

One such device has now been secured by sthen@, but for development it
would help to have at least two (e.g. to test client/hostap interaction).