Stuart,

thanks again for your support.

I've read some docs since my last post about IKEv1 support only for MS
IPsec + L2TP.

xl2tpd-1.3.8 has been installed already on OpenBSD 6.1amd64. I tried to
use it with integrated pppd, but unsuccessful.
Is xl2tcp-1.3.8 the same version with patches as from -current ports?

pppd has no option to support mschap-v2 available as pppd(8) shows, but
some people shared configs from OpenBSD 5.4 with mschap-v2 option
available in /etc/ppp/options.xl2tpd:
obsd client's /etc/xl2tpd/xl2tpd.conf:
[global]
debug avp = yes
debug network = yes
debug state = yes
debug tunnel = yes

[lac foo]
lns = A.B.C.D
ppp debug = yes
pppoptfile = /etc/ppp/options.l2tpd.client
length bit = yes
autodial=yes
obsd client's /etc/ppp/options.l2tpd.client:
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote
refuse-eap
require-mschap-v2
noccp
noauth
idle 1800
mtu 1410
mru 1410
defaultroute
usepeerdns
debug
lock
name xxxxx
password xxxxx
I have no evidence if it was work or not.

Seems "require-mschap-v2" support is absent in pppd, While connection is
established it drops when xl2tpd call pppd with mschap-v2 option is needed.

The questions is: how to use npppd with "authentication method
mschap-v2" supported to make it work with xl2tpd together or what
program will help to connect with xl2tpd in bundle to MS IPsec services?

Stuart, I know that MS implementation is not so reliable as OpenBSD
implementation, but I have remote server with only MS based VPN managed
by others, so I can't affect on it.

Thanks

Denis