On Sat, Dec 02, 2017 at 10:40:14PM +1000, Douglas Ray wrote:

> On the APU3a4 the internal USB headers were broken.
> I had email from pcengines (March 2017) saying this would
> be addressed in the APU3b series., but we went for APU2.

I have a APU3b series, they fixed the incorrect pinout on the internal
usb headers. The internal ECHI ports work fine under both linux and
freebsd connected to a USB backplate I'm testing with. It's definitely a
disagreement between the AMD EHCI USB chipset and OpenBSD <sigh>. I'm
going to see if I can port some of the workarounds and quirks for that
chipset from linux/freebsd to the openbsd driver and see if I have any
luck getting it working; drivers aren't my strong suite but we'll see
what happens. In the worst case I guess I'll use an external miniPCI to
USB adapter and connect my LTE modem to the external xHCI ports, they
seem to work fine under OpenBSD.

Thanks...