Hello,

I've noticed something unexpected when entering an accent character
alone (´) and then deleting it in ed(1) in xterm(1). Instead of deleting
it, it creates another character which is seen as an inverted
exclamation (?) in the font 'misc-fixed'.

        How to reproduce:
$ uname -a
OpenBSD foo.my.domain 6.2 GENERIC.MP#1 amd64
$ locale
LANG=
LC_COLLATE="C"
LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY="C"
LC_NUMERIC="C"
LC_TIME="C"
LC_MESSAGES="C"
LC_ALL=
$ #Let's append the ´ character in ed(1)
$ ed -p"> "
´

        Now let's delete with a backspace, return to create a newline and a dot
to stop appending, and then print:

$ ed -p"> "

.
(?)

        (The (?) is a simulation of the font character that misc-fixed shows to
the terminal.)

        Whenever I use more(1) or less(1) to view it, it shows:

$ more test.txt
<C2>

I have to add that I tested this with urxvt and ed(1) prints an Â
character, but more(1) and less(1) keep printing <C2>.

When not using X this can't be reproduced. This is reproducible with
xterm(1) and urxvt(1) in cwm(1) and fvwm(1). I've tested this in Linux
and FreeBSD and this behaviour is not reproducible.

Thank you,