Hi,

I'm working on an amd64 box (Opteron 146) with a soft raid with
autoconfig in place. The soft raid works fine, but boot.conf is
somewhat weird. Some experimenting revealed that I have three
partitions which are recognized as boot partitions:

/dev/wd0a, /dev/wd1a, and /dev/raid0a.

On /dev/wd0a, the /etc/boot.conf file is recognized (what happens if
wd0 goes bad??). But the kernel listed therein is taken from
/dev/raid0a:

--------- /etc/boot.conf ---------------
set timeout 30
boot /bsd.mpr

This should give me a 30 second pause before the machine boots the
named kernel, but instead, it boots _immediately_, so I have no time to
make up my mind to choose a different kernel. What am I doing wrong?

This is a machine originally installed with 3.7, now running stock 3.8
on it's way to -stable.

TIA!

Best,
--Toni++