Although I haven't gotten X to properly work, there are some
hardware defects that are serious, as in breaking things and
with usability.

The power card has a round device that reduces certain types
of "noise" in the power. However, they put it to fall directly
underneath the right hand USB port.
This has already damaged one of my USB flash drives and it
will eventually break the USB port/motherboard.

The connection of the power cord into the laptop has a
defective design somehow and is very difficult to insert.
Once again, unnecessary stress on motherboard and a bit
frustrating to have to struggle with.

The two USB 3 ports on the left side are so close together
that you can't use both at the same time. In fact, the HDMI
port is also way to close to them that I doubt that it could
be used when the USB 3 port next to it is used. Full sized HDMI
port, not micro.

Deeply disturbing is the fact that the BIOS makes changes on
itself. It constantly turns on network booting after I disable
it.
It is also a tremendous effort to boot off of USB without
repeatedly fiddling with the BIOS many times, moving the flash
around, unplugging the laptop, etc. And I am talking about
EVERY time, not just once in a while.

I'm returning it to Amazon and getting a refund.

If anyone wants me to do anything with it before that, please
let me know. I'll compile, test, whatever you like before I
ship it back.

Intel i3-7100U
Intel HD graphics 620
USB 3.0
USB 3.1 type C connector port

inteldrm won't even boot.
it has a spot inside for an SSD drive

You get what you pay for.
Of course, what you can't pay for, you can't get!

Chris Bennett