Hello list,

I'm not sure if this the right place to post this question, but I
couldn't find any other better list.

My problem is that I recently changed my OS on a i386 router from Linux
to OpenBSD (3.8). On that router I run Quagga and now I want to switch
to OpenBGPD, but I have problems "translating" zebra's bgpd.conf to
OpenBGPD.

The zebra's /etc/zebra/bgpd.conf is:

>!
>! Zebra configuration saved from vty
>!   2006/01/25 05:12:14
>!
>hostname router
>password secret
>enable password secret
>!
>router bgp xxx66
> bgp router-id 82.xxx.xxx.xxx
> network 86.aaa.bbb.ccc/21
> redistribute kernel
> redistribute static
> redistribute connected
> neighbor 82.xxx.xxx.yyy remote-as ab08
> neighbor 82.xxx.xxx.yyy description MyISP
> neighbor 82.xxx.xxx.yyy weight 100
> neighbor 82.xxx.xxx.yyy route-map rm-myisp-out out
>!
>route-map rm-myisp-out permit 100
> set local-preference 110
> set community ab08:1000 ab08:2000
> set ip next-hop peer-address
>!
>line vty
>!

I tried the following configuration in OpenBGP's /etc/bgpd.conf, with no
success:

># macros
>MyISP="82.xxx.xxx.yyy"
>
># global configuration
>AS xxx66
>router-id 82.xxx.xxx.xxx
>listen on 82.xxx.xxx.xxx
>log updates
>network 86.aaa.bbb.ccc/21
>
># neighbors and peers
>neighbor $MyISP {
>       remote-as ab08
>       descr MyISP
>       holdtime 180
>       holdtime min 3
>       announce self
>       set localpref 110
>       set community ab08:1000
>       set community ab08:2000
>}
>
># filter out prefixes longer than 24 or shorter than 8 bits
>deny from any
>allow from any prefixlen 8 - 24
>
># do not accept a default route
>deny from any prefix 0.0.0.0/0
>
># filter bogus networks
>deny from any prefix 10.0.0.0/8 prefixlen >= 8
>[...]

With this configuration (OpenBGPD) it seems that I receive only routes
within MyISP AS (ab08); with zebra (running on the very same machine)
everything runs smoothly.

Is there anything I should try, or I should use good-old zebra (quagga)?

Thanks,

--
Bogdan Hojda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>