On 15 Dec 2017, at 9:11, Noth wrote:

On 14/12/17 20:40, Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 07:23:51PM +0100, Oliver Marugg wrote:
The HPE Gen10 MicroServer (but BIOS only with contract or under warranty) could be as a possible solution (does anyone using it with OpenBSD?).
The Gen8 works fine once you set the disk controller to plain SATA mode
instead of the default hardware raid mode.

Haven't had a chance to try the newer versions, but I wouldn't expect
any trouble

Unfortunately it's barely more powerful and the Marvell RAID/S-ATA controller seems to be really buggy on opensource OSes. And no iLO. It's closer to the G7 than the G8 in design. At least it does 32Gb of ram.

Next step up is the Supermicro, but it's also a step up in budget : https://www.supermicro.com/products/system/midtower/5028/SYS-5028D-TN4T.cfm 128Gb of ram, and a Xeon-D 1541 included. It can be boosted to a Xeon 1567 for 4 extra cores.

I decided to boost my MicroServer G8 to the max whilst I save up for the SuperMicro...

Noth

Thanks Noth, I use the SYS-5018D-FN4T with a XeonD1541 as power efficient webserver (https://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1u/5018/sys-5018d-fn4t.cfm), which is great. The 5028D is the tower variant and too big for my purpose hren, and it is really a step up to my budget.