From: owner-m...@openbsd.org [mailto:owner-m...@openbsd.org] On Behalf Of Chris
Bennett
Sent: 20 December 2017 21:04
To: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: IPMI still requires Java! I'm screwed.

I found a new server that uses IPMI and offers using it to setup your own
custom OS. So I bought in.

Damn thing requires Java.
They offered me some pretty worthless advice on using Java.

I'm screwed into having to use Windows 7.
I've tried the Firefox ESR 32bit that supports Java.
Nope.
Opera. Nope
Edge. Nope
Chrome. Nope, including trying to use IEtab

Is it actually possible to get any web browser to open a Java applet?

I'm using a friends laptop and it can't stay on while in the BIOS or after
booting OpenBSD just to the point of running memtest.

I'm a bit confused about what to do.
They offer IPMI that won't work without Java.

Is this even anything more than a scam??
I don't know squat about windows other than it sucks.

Serious question:
Is it acceptable practice to offer remote access that cannot be used?