Hi Matthias,

it's true that the new input driver has a comparatively high
threshold before it starts scrolling.  I think it's necessary.
With synaptics it may happen too easily that two-finger contacts
trigger scroll events accidentally.  A somewhat sloppily performed
two-finger tap may have that effect, for example.

It's possible change the scroll speed, wsconsctl can access low-level
parameters of the driver.  However, be aware that I consider those
parameters as internal.  I won't change them without reasons, but
if any of them turn out to be in the way of making improvements and
cannot be kept stable without efforts, they may change or disappear.
You shouldn't use them if you don't want to live with that.

The command for reading such a parameter is
    # wsconsctl mouse.tp.param=INDEX
and for writing, it's
    # wsconsctl mouse.tp.param=INDEX:VALUE
You can list up to 4 indices or index/value pairs, separated by
commas.  Indices and values are integers.  The parameters 134 and 133
determine the speed of vertical and horizontal scrolling, so
    # wsconsctl mouse.tp.param=134,133
will read them and
    # wsconsctl mouse.tp.param=134:...,133:...
will change them.  You have to reduce the values - which represent
distances in device units - in order to increase the scroll speed
(the relation is inversely proportional).  And BTW, such a change
would also reduce the threshold - in the current implementation, at
least ;-)

Regards,
Ulf