Circling back around replying to my own issue in the off chance that
someone else ran into this problem and this helps them out. Think it's
probably a pretty edge case though not too many folks seem to be running
Sun's anymore.

I was able to dump the contents of the NVRAM by booting of an older
version of OpenBSD. In my case I went clear back to 5.3 because that
was just a CD I had. When I get more time maybe I'll figure out where
the functionality breaks and see if I can fix it or at least provide
a clear bug report.

But for now, once I had the 3 files that ldomctl dump produces I saved
them off and loaded 6.2. I was then able to create and load my own ldom
config into NVRAM. Happy to say I now have a few T5120's that are
running 8 ldoms each. (8x8 cpuxram).

Should now get a couple more years life out of these expensive wind
tunnels.