On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 00:58:33 -0000
"torsten" <tors...@cnc-london.net> wrote:

> What surprises me is the "panic" publication of this because of already known
> and in *BSDs addressed concerns about hyper threatening and shared memory
> well back since 1994

IMHO this is a "zero day panic" of massive hardware destruction.

Example: Most Intel processors include a secondary processor (ex: iPro Intel
extensions).
If you are able to upload micro-code to this seconday processor, you may
destroy the CPU.

Lack of knowledge leads to panic.

The only long term solution is to release information about security devices
included in CPUs and organize a public discussion around them.

--
Jean-Michel Pouré <j...@poure.com>