On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 01:23:19PM -0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> On 2018-01-10, Maximilian Pichler <maxim.pich...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > * At boot the software clock (the value returned by gettimeofday) is
> > initialized from the hardware clock (the one with the coin-shaped
> > battery).
>
> ... from the RTC ("real-time clock"), yes.
>
> > My question is: Can OpenBSD be told initialize the software from the
> > hardware clock again after the system is booted?
>
> No.

This does occur on occasion; for example, when running an OpenBSD vmm(4)
guest, vmd(8) will notify the guest to resynch the clock from the RTC
after the host resumes from suspend/hibernate (actually, "any time
the host clock varies from more than 5s since it was last read by vmd(8"),
but that practically means "only during suspend/hibernate resumes").

If the OP was looking for code to do this for whatever reason, it's done
via vmmci(4).

-ml