Hello,

Just to clarify  Todds / Stefans Email earlier in the chain, (Thanks
Stefan and Todd,)

disable kvm_intel.preemption_timer on the host (see \
> /sys/module/kvm_intel/parameters/preemption_timer ) This seems to be buggy in
> linux \
> 4.10 and newer

disabling intel-kvm preemption_timer worked for me and it resolved the
timer drift issue
in openbsd on Proxmox 5.1

so in debian / proxmox  I ran the following command

echo options kvm-intel preemption_timer=N >>/etc/modprobe.d/kvm-intel.conf

then reboot the host,  (the open BSD guest vm default settings seemed
to work fine )

--
Kindest regards,
Tom Smyth

Mobile: +353 87 6193172
The information contained in this E-mail is intended only for the
confidential use of the named recipient. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering it to the recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this communication in error and that any review,
dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this in error, please notify the sender
immediately by telephone at the number above and erase the message
You are requested to carry out your own virus check before
opening any attachment.