On 01/24/18 08:12, mazocomp wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 12:22:18PM +0100, who one wrote:
>> Hey, strange, there is 5.3 in
>> https://cloudflare.cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/doc/history/
>>
>> is this still maintained?
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> > Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 1:21 PM
>> > From: mazocomp <mazoc...@disroot.org>
>> > To: misc@openbsd.org
>> > Subject: History documentation
>> >
>> > Hi!
>> > Both obsd-faq.txt and pf-faq.txt in pub/OpenBSD/doc/ are same as
>> > obsd-faq52.txt and pf-faq52.txt in pub/OpenBSD/doc/history/
>> > So I wonder is there a point to keep them out of date?
>> >

> Well, it doesn't look like it is maintained.

correct.
Might be of some value to people running old versions of OpenBSD on
legacy hw (certainly wouldn't want to put a mac68k in production on old
SW, but then, not sure why anyone would use a mac68k in any kind of
production in the last 20+ years, and it's sometimes fun to put an OS on
old hw), or OSs with legacy versions of PF.

I use it from time to time, because ... well, I slipped notes to myself
into the FAQ.  And now that I'm not maintaining it, some of my crib
notes have been deleted! :)

Hopefully, I'm the only user of THAT type...

Nick.