On Mon, January 22, 2018 10:47 am, Mik J wrote:
> Hello Stuart,
> For me it takes just a few days...
> I have a crash every 3/4 days maybe (2 crashes so far) and my server does
> not handle load.
> Yes I read your reports this morning, although you wrote that there was a
> combination with snmpd, I have it with nginx on my side.
>
>  Regards
>
>     Le lundi 22 janvier 2018 Ã 10:35:47 UTC+1, Stuart Henderson
> <s...@spacehopper.org> a écrit :
>
>  On 2018/01/22 00:22, Mik J wrote:
>> Le dimanche 21 janvier 2018 Ã 11:48:00 UTC+1, Stuart Henderson
>> <s...@spacehopper.org> a écrit :
>> On 2018-01-19, Mik J <mikyde...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>> > I had many kernel panic these past days. This is a 6.2 openbsd VM
>> running o=
>> > n esxi 5.5
>> >
>> > # grep "<vmxnet3_getbuf>" /tmp/if_vmx.dis
>>
>> I've reported a lot of vmxnet3_getbuf panics, nobody seems interested.
>> I suggest switching to e1000 in the vmx file, this works with the em(4)
>> driver and has been stable so far.
>>

>> Hello Stuart,
>> Thank you for your answer.
>> I had my VM running for months in version 6.1 and had not problem but I
>> reinstalled it in
>> version 6.2 and the problem is happening.
>> It seems to me that something in version 6.2 is producing the error.
>> One crash today again
>
> I hit this in last April, which was either 6.1 or -current from soon
> after.
> It can take weeks to run into it though so bisecting to find a working
> kernel
> is futile.

I am running about a dozen 6.2 -stable VMs on ESXi 6.5.  I have exactly
one VM that panics with vmxnet3_getbuf but only when it's being
snapshotted.  And not every time, but usually.

I think once it paniced when I was snapshotting a lot of other VMs in the
cluster but I don't trust that memory now.  I've not seen that again.

Tim.