On Fri, Feb 09, 2018 at 05:12:11PM +0200, Atanas Vladimirov wrote:
> On 2018-02-09 14:45, Jiri B wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have supermicro x8sil-f (latest bios/ipmi fw) with 2 fans and it has
> >started
> >to beep after a while when OS is up while it detected non-existing fans
> >either
> >run at 0 RPM or in -2560 RPM.
> >
> >OpenBSD itself used to detect both fans (though lm1.fanX numbers were
> >different
> >to numbering from motherboard vendor).
> >
> >I replugged both fans on the board and OpenBSD has detected only one fan
> >now.
> >Why only one now, if it used to previously detected both?
>
> Hi,
> This is a known issue [0] with this particular motherboard
> and you have to disable lm driver.
>
> [0] https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=144473090118095&w=2

Thank you. I should have to search archives, it would solve my
crazy headaches :)

Anyway, it's surprise that after fans replug to different connectors
on the board - which has caused OpenBSD not detecting one fan -
the board doesn't beep anymore. So yes, it must be related to
the issue you pointed to.

Jiri