On 02/22/18 09:27, George Ramirez wrote:
with intel 620 UHD graphics. At first, the console shows with underscan,
then the resolution changes to the native one, and finally it goes black.

It's a frustrating problem because there are no errors and it seemingly
doesn't work. I bet X is actually running properly but xbacklight
somehow ended up = 0. Tap the "brightness" key on your keyboard a couple
times and see if it illuminates the display properly. On my ThinkPad
it's [Fn]+[Home]. Also check out man xbacklight(1). Good luck !!!