I am replacing my ancient X60 with an X130e of lesser age. This model is previously found as working on misc.

When trying to install 6.2 (release) over Windows 10 there is no video to see.

By booting miniroot62.fs from USB the kernel loads, but the "OpenBSD 6.2 ...." and subsequent boot messages do not appear. The video is blank (apparently backlit but no text is present.) The biosboot loader messages prior to that do appear for a few seconds. The USB stick activity light does blink as if things are happening normally.

Same result for 6.1 and 5.9.

The three video options: Native video, VGA and HDMI video outputs show the same biosboot lines and then the screen blanks. A couple of different monitors on the VGA output show "unsupported format" or somesuch suggesting the video signal is not a standard format.

There is no serial port on this hardware. The BIOS is updated to the latest. I'm going to try to obtain a dmesg with blindly typing against the install script (blessed OpenBSD with a simple install CLI!)

I'm wondering if there is something to be enabled/disabled in boot_config that would help. I don't quite understand why video would blank out once the kernel gets control (src/sys/arch/amd64/amd64/consinit.c and machdep.c) since nothing looks like it is touching video configuration. This seems to be way before any video driver gets control.

The Windows 10 "about" page says this is AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD Graphics. The Hardware page says "AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics".

Does anyone have further advice?

thanks

John