Thus said Stuart Henderson on Thu, 8 Mar 2018 00:40:03 +0000 (UTC)
There's a stack safety diff which is in snapshots (for detailed
information see https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=152035796722258&w=2:
in a nutshell "You may no longer point your stack register at non-stack
memory.  You'll be killed.")

SBCL needs a change to work with this; see joshe's update on ports@.

Go also needs a change.

Apart from those two: ports bulk builds haven't quite finished yet,
but it's looking likely that there won't be other significant impact.
A few bootstraps need rebuilding, that's all we've run into so far.

Thanks Stuart and Hiltjo for the pointers to the mailing list. I'll continue to use snapshots and update my packages when new ones are made.