Fri, 16 Mar 2018 13:25:49 +0100
Janne Johansson <icepic...@gmail.com>:

> > Hello @misc,
> >
> > after a nightly release upgrade of our VPN-Gateway(s) from 6.0 via
> > 6.1 to 6.2 (amd64) I noticed some trouble with my VPN connections.
> >

> Almost always when you get "expected 3DES" it means "the confs are not
> matching so obsd chose some default thing which includes 3DES
> which is not what the other side is running".
>
> Things like mixing up "from NetA to NetB" and the other side not
> having the exact opposite is a decent way to get that exact error.
>
> I don't know what part changed so that it is no longer matching for
> you, but something makes the negotiations not think
> the remote proposal is what it expects, so it goes into some default
> mode from which it will never make a connection.

I agree with you in principle, but the question is: why drop these
connections (with untouched configurations) sporadically with 6.2
and _not_ with 6.0?

Some of these connections drop several times in 24h.

No problems at all with 6.0.

And it's always the same behavior:
first drops the esp tunnel and the esp flows remain active.
And its not possible to stop them with 'ipsecctl -d -f .... '

Is it only possible to stop zombie-type flows with fifo commands?

Best regards
Andre