=?ISO-8859-1?Q?H=E5kan_Olsson?= writes:
> On 1 feb 2006, at 08.38, Jurjen Oskam wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 01:19:58AM -0500, Peter wrote:
> >
> >> raid0: Device already configured!
> >> "ioctl (RAIDFRAME_CONFIGURE) failed"
> >>
> >> Can anyone lend a hand in this important matter?
> >
> > Let me guess (since you didn't post any configuration): you
> > enabled RAID-autoconfiguration by the kernel *and* you
> > configure the same RAID-device during the boot sequence using
> > raidctl?
>
> /etc/rc includes commands to configure the raid devices, and if
> they've been setup to use autoconfiguration then this is indeed what
> happens. Expected and nothing to worry about, although noisy.

"What he said."

> For my
> raidframe devices, I just removed the autoconfigure flag.

Please use the autoconfigure flag.  It is *far* better at gluing
together a RAID set than the regular configuration bits, especially
in the face of drives that move about or drives that fail to spin
up... (the old config code needs to find its way into a bit-bucket..)

You really want to use the autoconfigure bits.. :)  Really. :)

Later...

Greg Oster