On Sat, 24 Mar 2018 22:32:02 +0100
"Hess THR" <hessnovth...@mail.com> wrote:
> Can you please recommend any hardware, that I could plug in to the notebook
> and though I could send a warning mail when the door was moved (open/closed).

I can think of so many ways to do this, from boring to insane :)

* Mount a switch on top of the door that gets unpressed when the door
  opens, and connect to the serial port. Then read the pin status.
* The same, but mount the switch behind the door so that it gets
  pressed when the door opens.
* Use a magnetic switch instead, and read it through the serial port.
* Put a keyboard behind the door, so that the door presses against a
  key when it opens. Map the key to a script.
* Attach a mouse to the door and react on the mouse movement.
* Attach a GPS sensor to the door and measure movements.
* Attach a USB barometer and detect the air pressure diff when the door
  opens.
* Attach a USB gyroscope to the door. Detect movement.
* Attach a USB light sensor (Arduino?) and detect movement.
* Put an RFID tag on the door, and attach an RFID reader, to detect
  when the tag approaches the reader.
* Attach the laptop to the door and use the built-in gyroscope (if
  available).
* Same, but use the gyroscope from the HD. Might require firmware
  hacking.
* Don't oil the door and evaluate the microphone input.
* Attach any USB device, but route the 5V line through a switch
  attached to the door. Detect when the device attaches.
* Mount the laptop behind the door so that the door opens/closes the
  laptop lid. Detect wake/sleep state.
* Fix your credit card to the door and have it move through a card
  reader when the door opens. Check account balance through script.

Send pix!

regards,
Robert