On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 06:44:33PM +0200, Peter J. Philipp wrote:
> I have expanded on the patch a little bit, it can guarantee a resume from
> suspend exactly once, after that the box won't suspend anymore, but is
> otherwise useable.  Here the new patch.  After my signature follows a dmesg
> with exactly one suspend to ram (S3) and a wake on lan to bring it back.

With light prodding someone who was nice enough to reply had me look into this
machine.  I pulled out most components and replaced cables.  It turns out the
AHCI issue was caused by the harddrive.  I have replaced it with an old SSD
and the patch I made is now useless.  Sorry for the misleading.  However, the
sleep/wake problem is still there.  By order of elimination it's the graphics
card or the mainboard.

I have worked around my initial intention for this by turning off the beep
upon boot and waking the box from an off state.  This does everything I
dreamed of, I'll just have to remember to shutdown -hp now on it after my
backup scripts are done.

Best regards,
-peter