On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 02:27:44AM -0400, Jiri B wrote:
| On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 10:11:44PM +0200, Paul de Weerd wrote:
| > [...]
| > em0 at pci0 dev 25 function 0 "Intel I217-LM" rev 0x04: msi, address
b8:ca:3a:93:03:e8

| IIUC em does not support WOL. Am I right?

Thanks Jiri, Daniel and one person who responded off-list.  I had
missed the ifconfig wol option, this does exactly what I want:

    wol     Enable Wake on LAN (WoL).  When enabled, reception of a
            WoL frame will cause the network card to power up the
            system from standby or suspend mode.  WoL frames are sent
            using arp(8).

But indeed, as Jiri suggests, it seems that em(4) doesn't support WOL:

        [weerd@pom] $ doas ifconfig em0 wol
        ifconfig: SIOCSIFXFLAGS: Not supported

Thanks for all the replies!

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd