On 28 April 2018 at 03:20, Hess THR <hessnovth...@mail.com> wrote:
> Based on the:
>
> http://www.vegardno.net/2017/03/fuzzing-openssh-daemon-using-afl.html
>
> I tried to search for these code pieces (I know he was using openbsd-compat
> and not the original OpenSSH code) but didn't found it, didn't even find
> similar for disabling message CRCs:

Short answer: It's gone, you can ignore that part.

Long answer: CRC32 was the message integrity method for SSH Protocol
v1 and the last of the SSH1 code was removed[0] in the 7.6 release[1]
(in part because CRC32 a weak integrity guarantee compared to a proper
MAC).

[0] https://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable/commit/3d6d09f2
[1] https://www.openssh.com/releasenotes.html#7.6

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)