Hi,

I have set up a NIS server using OpenBSD and a NIS client using FreeBSD. I can
authenticate without problems. But when I try to change a user password with
yppasswd
on the FreeBSD client, after retyping the new password, after a somewhat long
period,
I get an error like:

yppasswd: pam_chauthtok(): error in service module

and the change fails. Now if I instead use the following command:

yppasswd -h `ypwhich`

It works immediatelly.

With an OpenBSD client, it always work.

So I guess the FreeBSD box is trying to talk to the rpc.ypasswdd from another
server.
I would be thankful to anyone who can help to find what is going on.

Best regards,

Josi