On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 08:05:05AM -0500, ed...@pettijohn-web.com wrote:

> On May 27, 2018 2:10 AM, viq <vic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Good point (and I'm going to need it, too, when I get to that point,
> > > for dovecot lmtp on one machine and dspam lmtp on another).
> > >
> > > Gilles, shouldn't there be a keyword 'lmtp' to go along with
> > > mbox/maildir/mda/relay/forward-only/expand-only? Comparing old (6.2)
> > > smtp.conf(5) with the updated one linked from your article, it seems to
> > > be the only missing method of delivery.
> > >
> > > Or perhaps it just got skipped in the man page? viq, have you tried
> > >
> > > action "lmtp-local" lmtp "/var/dovecot/lmtp"
> > >
> > > ?
> >
> > No, FAQ is very explict about it being removed:
> > http://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html#r20180524
> >

> That makes me sad :(.  That is a really ugly line in the config.

ok, let me explain the issue and if you gals and guys come up with some
solution that isn't hackish, I won't oppose it :-)

mbox is easy, no parameters need to be exposed to config, we can easily
provide a syntaxic sugar:

   action foobar mbox = action foobar mda "/usr/libexec/mail.local ..."

maildir is easy, no parameters needs to be exposed to config ... except
for a single path that can be expressed as a STRING, we can easily give
syntax sugar too.

   action foobar maildir = action foobar mda "/usr/libexec/mail.maildir ..."
   action foobar maildir path = action foobar mda "/usr/libexec/mail.maildir
path ..."

lmtp is not easy, it requires multiple parameters and people have a lot
of different use-cases with it. I can't easily provide a syntaxic sugar
and we must expose -d, -f, rcpt-to, etc... this isn't acceptable for me
so if you manage to make all options fit in one STRING I will be ok but
if I have to add keywords specific I won't.

Something like:

> > > action "lmtp-local" lmtp "/var/dovecot/lmtp"

would be fine by me, but people are using other parameters than just the
lmtp socket, or maybe we can provide a syntaxic sugar for this case, and
people using any other option must use the longer option ?

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg