On 2018-06-01, J Vans <3...@startmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to route all of my ipv4 traffic through a particular server
> using OpenIKED. I have it successfully set up so that each client can
> connect, and the traffic passes through correctly, but it only works for
> one client at a time. If Client A is connected by itself things work
> just fine, but once I connect Client B, Client B works and client A no
> longer is able to pass any traffic out. I restart IKED on Client A, and
> Client B loses it's connection.
>
> I searched through misc and didn't find anyone talking about exactly
> what I was trying to do, and a web search turned up one useful result
> that claims using ikev2 I cannot do this without ipv6.
> https://serverfault.com/questions/775238/two-road-warrior-clients-behind-the-same-nat-device-ikev2-strongswan-libreswa
> The claim that nat can't differentiate between the traffic of each
> client makes sense to me, but there is a lot I do not know.

The claim in that reply about needing IPv6 and NAT not working is
nonsense, the port numbers are different. This is exactly what NAT-T
fixes.

> I know that traffic can be tagged by IKED and have tried routing by tag
> in pf to no avail. However, it is possible I have not done this correctly.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. If I want multiple "road warrior" clients behind nat in IKED do I
> need to implement ipv6?
>
> 2. Is there a different way to accomplish this besides ipv6?

I don't have a setup handy to test at the moment but I don't think
there's anything special to do here. If you show your config (iked,
pf, outline of network setup) maybe somebody will notice something?