I have an old CLIE PEG-T625C device that I have been trying to make work
with the uvisor driver to get ucom endpoints mapped to cuaUx with a USB
cable.

The device IDs itself to the driver (based upon the standard table in the
driver) as USB_PRODUCT_SONY_CLIE_40 which is mapped to the PALM4 handler,
however, when the usbd_do_request_flags call is made in the PALM4 section of
the uvisor_init function I always get back USBD_STALLED as status.

I have been down two routes to try to fix this (although I am not familiar
with the kernel debug features of OpenBSD yet).

i.                 I have set up a VMWare machine running Windows XP, CLIE
Palmdesktop and installed 'snoopypro' from http://usbsnoop.sourceforge.net
<http://usbsnoop.sourceforge.net/>  with this I have examined the USB
conversation that the commercial Sony driver has with the CLIE. - not
particularly different from the uvisor init but some extra vendor endpoint
stuff.

ii.                I have compared the working Linux 2.6 visor driver (I
have a Gentoo system running this driver and it works well) - I have made
the minimal changes to the uvisor driver necessary to change the 03 command
that is normally used to 04 as used by this driver and checked that the data
structures are the same as the ones used in the Linux driver. They are byte
for byte the same (unless there is a packing issue of course).

Both experiments still result in the call to usbd_do_request_flags returning
the STALLED status - where I was previously convinced that the device was
stalling because it was being sent a command it didn't recognise now I am
not so sure.. I'm beginning to speculate that something in the USB transfer
handler is fouling up.

The question is, has anybody else tried this with this model or any other
model showing the STALLED status on init and what conclusions/speculations
did you come to if you didn't fix it?

- Andy