Hi all,

I'm trying to rotate /var/run/isakmpd.pcap log, keeping 30 days of log files and rotating then everyday.

With newsyslog, logs are being rotated, but new file "isakmpd.pcap" is not usable with tcpdump (message is "tcpdump: bad dump file format").

I've also tried to stop isakmpd writing isakmpd.pcap (echo p > isakmpd.fifo), but it didn't work.

I tried also to SIGHUP isakmpd, but with bad results (IPSec stop working and had to restart isakmpd).

This is the setup:

# uname -a
OpenBSD xxxxxxxx 6.1 GENERIC.MP#24 amd64

# cat newsyslog_ipsec.conf

/var/run/isakmpd.pcap root:wheel  600  30    *     $D0     ZB ""

This is the last test:

echo p off > /var/run/isakmpd.fifo && newsyslog -Ff newsyslog_ipsec.conf && echo p on > /var/run/isakmpd.fifo

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.