Rickard, thanks for your answer and the provided links.

I am aware of the install.conf option, but decided to use the expect method to
be inline with how I do things on FreeBSD and NetBSD.

I believe that FreeBSD has its own method of specifying install configuration
which is incompatible with OpenBSD. And NetBSD does not have any method as far
as I know. So it looked to me that the most straightforward path was to use the
same basic technique on all platforms: an expect script.

Nevertheless I will check your links and in particular the “GCE Image Import
Post Processor” to see how it sets up OpenBSD for the GCE environment (my
remaining task in this part of the project).

Bill