On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 4:53 AM Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:

> On 2018-08-11, Mike Larkin <mlar...@azathoth.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 04:14:28PM -0400, sven falempin wrote:
> >> Dear readers,
> >>
> >> I just installed / syspatch a fresh 6.3 and i was not able to get the
> >> network working
> >> inside the alpine-virt-3.8.0-x86_64.iso kernel .
> >>
> >> I tried -L ( witch create a TAP with 100.64.id network :S ), and -n
> >> and -i with manual bridge setup.
>
> You can fix that to use a more appropriate network with "local prefix"
> in vm.conf.
>
> >> I see packets going through  and arp replies but no reply inside the VM.
> >> (pf disabled and forwarding possible)
> >>
> >> is there any recent regression with the setup of alpine linux inside vmd ?
> >>

> > all my VMs still work with -current.
> >
> > -L requires the corresponding NAT rule in pf.conf, which obviously means pf
> > needs to be enabled.
>
> And bridge requires that you don't use dhclient on the bridged interface
> on the host.

Thank you

I m actually using my patched dhclient that filter out on Mac address
Maybe i screw up with the nating ( may have forgotten ) when trying -L

I will probably try again soon but i m evaluating the possibility to
get the intel working completely
at the moment.

Best,

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do