On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 09:21:54PM +0000, Walt wrote:
> I don't really remember for sure from the last time I did a fresh install,
> but I think that /etc/sysctl.conf isn't there by default -- if you need it,
> you have to create it yourself.
>
> Walt

Having done multiple fresh installs over the last few months as I got my
home network in shape, I can confirm that /etc/sysct.conf is not present
by default and needs to be created manually if needed.

--
Jon Tabor
tab...@obsolete.site

'There is a saying: There is no such thing as overkill.
 There is only “Open fire!” and “Reloading!”'
― John Ringo, The Hot Gate