Sorry, no. If you forget this, the board won't reboot, it just won't show what it is doing.
Also, this was done (set in the tftp boot.conf).
I can replicate at will just by swapping between i386 and amd64 pxeboot and bsd.rd files on the tftp server, without touching anything else (leaving boot.conf and random.seed alone).

------ Message d'origine ------
De: "Chris Cappuccio" <ch...@nmedia.net>
À: "Arnaud BRAND" <arnaud.brand--o...@tib.cc>
Cc : misc@openbsd.org
Envoyé : 30/08/2018 01:25:13
Objet : Re: PCEngines APU4B4 doesn't boot AMD64 when PXE is activated in the bios

This sounds exactly like what happens when you don't do this at the
boot> prompt:

stty com0 115220
set tty com0

Arnaud BRAND [arnaud.brand--o...@tib.cc] wrote:
Good evening list,

I recently bought a PCEngine APU4B4 https://www.pcengines.ch/apu4b4.htm
AMD GX-412TC, 1 GHz quad Jaguar core / 64 bit and AES-NI / 4GB RAM

I had absolutely no problem booting and installing i386 OpenBSD 6.3 and
snapshots over PXE.
With the AMD64 version, it wouldn't boot, it crashed immeditely after the
"entry point at 0x1000158" line and rebooted.

I found Neels' page (http://hofmeyr.de/OpenBSD%20on%20APU4/, BTW thanks
Neels) who had no problem installing AMD64 from USB.
So I tried that, both with 6.3 and snapshot, but it ended the same.
To be precise, the "8" at the end of the "entry point at" line never shows
up.
The reboot/reset occurs after the 5 character.

I was beginning to think that my APU was broken, but decided to try again,
this time disabling the PXE capability in the bios.
It worked immediately (like usual with OpenBSD).

So, long story short, AMD64 kernels won't boot on APU4B4 when PXE boot is
enabled in the BIOS.

I don't know if there's anything to fix in OpenBSD as the embedded iPXE
seems a bit buggy.
I reckon this might be the cause of the problem.

For people who experience difficulties wiht PXE booting (i386), try the
following :
- break out to iPXE shell
- run "dhcp" until iPXE picks up an address
- and then resume PXE booting process by typing "autoboot"

Arnaud