On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 10:08:48PM -0300, Alceu Rodrigues de Freitas Junior
wrote:
> Em 31/08/2018 21:52, Jonathan Thornburg escreveu:
> > What's the "OpenBSD way" to install Perl modules which don't exist
> > as packages?
<SNIP>
> I'm afraid that is no such thing. My best would to search something on ports
> to do exactly that.

I don't know of anything in ports to automatically merge CPAN
dependencies and the ports tree, but I do know of portgen.

http://man.openbsd.org/portgen

> If there is no repository, you might want to take a look in ways to convert
> Perl modules from CPAN into OpenBSD packages. I know there is an effort to
> build those packages automatically for Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS).

portgen is pretty good at it, I usually start there.  It gets you most
of the way to submitting something to be included in the ports tree.

I don't know that it will ever reach the point where it just pulls stuff
directly off the CPAN, but I do hope that someday what's required to
exist in the ports tree is fairly minimal.  For now though, portgen will
create ports for the module and any dependencies that you can then
adjust for anything that was not detected automatically.

> Another possibility is to use perlbrew instead.

I do use plenv for testing things on multiple perl versions and with
different perl modules, but generally if I want to run something for
real, rather than just from my homedir, I'll make ports for the required
modules.

https://github.com/tokuhirom/plenv

l8rZ,
--
andrew - http://afresh1.com

Unix is very simple,
    but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
                      -- Dennis Ritchie