You forgot to mention what version of OpenBSD you are using ?

On Sun, Sep 02, 2018 at 01:03:48PM +0200, d.rausch...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I figured out an issue with opensmtpd, procmail, and comsat.
> The .forward for procamil must be
>
> "|exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f - || exit 75"
>
> The -f - option makes procmail to include a dummy mail-from header
> line. But this line is corrupt. comsat(8) does not like this:
>
> Sep  1 19:10:41 ws comsat[11416]: ':/var/mail/dra' is invalid
>
> in /var/log/messages. But mutt can read this mail.
>
> Without the -f - option in the .forward file my mailspool is corrupted
> because of the missin first line (mail-from header). The currect
> solution is: I have turned off comsat in inetd.conf. But i am
> unsatisfied with this. It would be better if opensmtpd would include
> the mail-from header if processinf the .forward to procmail.

I don't like the idea that because procmail produces a corrupt line that
comsat doesn't understand, smtpd should have a special case and parse an
aliases mapping or forward files looking for the string "procmail".

If you're running current, you might want to try:

   "|exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f %{mbox.from} || exit 75"

in case it helps procmail produce a correct sender.

Can you provide me with the corrupt line procmail includes so I can
check if it is invalid indeed ?

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg