why ? well all interactive process get a quarter range nice priority
advance compared to all daemon tasks, at least for a laptop
environment it really makes sense. sndiod and ntpd are unaffected by
this change.

you're right to criticize in that I did not document my code, the
point of this new variable is that an amendment to daemon priority is
no more than putting one line in /etc/rc.conf.local eg.
sshd_nice=1

or in the rc.d/ file
daemon_nice=whatever

why, because it is a whole lot more readable and usable than
inheriting a whole new login class just to change one parameter, but
if you don't like it nobody foces you huh ?

--
 Thomas de Grivel
 http://b.lowh.net/billitch/