On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 2:50 AM Chris Bennett
<cpb_m...@bennettconstruction.us> wrote:
> See, I'm a US citizen in a country that has these nasty FISA courts and
> a variety of new-ish unconstitutional laws that allow the President and
> others to plant fake content on my server, snatch me up, deny me a
> lawyer, detain me forever and kill me without cause.
>
> Did I forget to mention that all the ISPs I have used, including
> T-Mobile take my search requests sent to https, yes https://google.com
> and know what those search terms were?
>
> I guess I'm just a paranoid without cause??

So, yeah, and no, and yeah...

We've got problems, and some of them are people in government and some
of the are people in business and some of them are our in our laws.
But you can be almost certain that some of them are in how stuff gets
reported.

>From my point of view, the unconstitutional (aka: illegal) law which
bothers me the most are the copyright laws which favor Walt Disney's
grandchildren at the expense of the constitutional rationale for
copyright. The kind of thinking which got us those laws have played a
part in building out our low income city populations and creating the
economic conditions which favored shipping most of our industrial jobs
overseas. But there's other factors, also, including bad economic
theory being taught globally [the "efficient market hypothesis"] and
child labor laws being used as an excuse to raise kids to be helpless
adults.

So what we see a lot of are coping mechanisms and people being forced
to cheat the system and people reacting to that with more coping
measures.

But it doesn't take cracking https for your google searches to get
sold to the phone company. All that needs is high priced people in
Google who are great at saying good things about themselves setting up
business arrangements which will trade Google's past reputation and
established abilities for a few years of increased salary.

Anyways, we've got problems, but a lot of them are that you can no
longer expect people's motivations to work like they used to, because
cultures are having to adapt to a global situation where laws of any
one country can't be enforced on anything having to do with
communications. So major countries which relied on enforcing laws on
communications to keep their powerful people powerful have to resort
to deploying their manpower to make that happen if they want to stay
in power.

And those kinds of countries have never relied on technological
approaches, because that kind of power isn't capable of developing
technology and has never seen the need to do so -- instead, it copies
and copes while doing so.

But it doesn't help that we've been getting a lot of things wrong for
a long time (like bad economic theory, for example), leaving us in the
position of having critical holes in our institutions which are
trivial to exploit.

So... yeah, and no, and yeah...

--
Raul