Hi,

I've got an issue where something strange is happening with the routing table after establishing an ipsec connection.... it's quite hard to describe but what happens is that the tunnel establishes then routing goes down completely. The netstat -r command when run on the router just hangs and doesn't complete (show any routes).

What I'm doing is this:

start isakmp: isakmpd -Kv

run ipsecctl: ipsecctl -f /etc/ipsec.conf

my gre0 interface is setup like so:

hostname.gre0 ->

<src_internal_ip> <dst_internal_ip> netmask 0xffffffff up
tunnel <src_external_ip> <dst_external_ip>

inside ipsec.conf I have:

ike esp transport \
        from 0.0.0.0/0 to 0.0.0.0/0 peer <peer_addr> main auth hmac-md5 enc \
        3des group modp1536 quick auth hmac-md5 enc 3des psk "mykey"

(I need to have the 0.0.0.0/0 address in the "to" and "from" field otherwise the connection doesn't establish with the other end - non OpenBSD box)

I can see the connection fine using ipsecctl -sa and icmp packets are able traverse the tunnel, but routing completely goes down??

I'm not sure what else I can provide in terms of information as the messages log doesn't show anything useful outside of "phase 1 done" followed by "quick mode done"; the system version is CURRENT: 6.4 GENERIC.MP#290 amd64

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Kaya