On Mon, Oct 08, 2018 at 03:10:58AM -0400, Katherine Rohl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’ve been using OpenBSD 6.3 for a few weeks and I really like it! There are
> only two major things left that I haven’t been able to figure out.
>
> The first is using my USB headphones. I’ve tried following the instructions
> in the FAQ (making sure that the audio device is set to the correct uaudio)
> but to no avail. I’ve disabled my system’s onboard AC’97 audio to make sure
> that there is only one audio device (confirmed with dmesg, my headphones show
> up as uaudio0). Which configuration stuff do I need to post for y’all to help
> me? :(

If this machine is using a USB3 controller driven by the xhci(4) driver,
then USB audio devices won't work. Support for the data transfer mode
these devices use (called "isochronous transfers") is not yet finished.
Progress has been slow mostly because developers with the necessary
expertise have been busy in areas other than USB.

This problem also affects USB video devices.

> The second is that I have a VT420 serial terminal I’d like to use with
> OpenBSD. I have it connected to a PL2303 USB-to-serial adapter. I’ve
> successfully connected it to other systems using the USB-to-serial adapter,
> but I’m having some problems with connecting it to OpenBSD. I’ve added
> entries to ttys for the USB-to-serial adapter and I’ve set it up to use the
> regular 9600bps gettytab entry. The terminal is configured for 9600 8N1, no
> XON/XOFF, no RTS/CTS handshaking.
>
> It connects to my system and I’m able to log in but after 15 seconds or so,
> the terminal loses its DSR signal and the connection resets, sending me back
> to a new login screen. Anyone have one of these terminals that may be able to
> advise me on gettytab settings?

Not sure, I have never added an entry to gettytab.
For USB serial devices I just run cu(1) like this: cu -l /dev/cuaU0 -s 9600
In fact, 9600 is the default speed so I could omit the -s option in this
case, but the -s option is required for other baud rates.
Does that work for you?

> Other than that, I’m very pleased with the OS, especially with how quiet my
> computer is when idle compared to running, say, Windows 10 ;)

That's great :) Glad to hear it is working well for you!