On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 1:51 AM Ken M <k...@mack-z.com> wrote:

> So I am working on a bit of an experiment. I have a debian sid guest in vmm.
> xrdp is installed as is the pulse audio module for xrdp so that it can see the
> xrdp output in the mixer. I can connect just fine till I try to get sound out.
> Remmina wouldn't work with sound so to have more control I tried xfreerdp. An
> example of the options I tried.
>
> xfreerdp /sound:sys:sndio,dev:/dev/audio /v:host
>
> Basically I can't get it to connect with sound. I can put together a whole log
> and all, but I was wondering if anyone can suggest how the /sound flag should
> be
> under openbsd, or perhaps an alternate method to get sound out of a vmm guest
> via gui.

Hi,

Here's what I've done:

1) Install libsndio on the Linux guest (I've used
http://www.sndio.org/sndio.tar.gz)

2) Compile this alsa plugin on the Linux guest:
https://github.com/Duncaen/alsa-sndio

3) Copy libasound_module_pcm_sndio.so under /usr/lib/alsa-lib/ (I'm on
Arch Linux, YMMV)

4) Create a /etc/asound.conf file containing the following lines:

pcm.!default {
    type sndio
    device "snd@100.64.1.1/0"
}

Where 100.64.1.1 is the ip address of the host.

Enjoy,
David