paul dansing wrote:
lighttpd just fixed a remote hole (case insensitive file systems) in
the CURRENT VERSION!

Does this inspire confidence?  I mean for fck sake, the version just
before they fixed %00 append bug!  Next thing they will discover
directory traversal. o_O  YEAH, yeah I want this FINE PIECE OF
SOFTWARE running on my production servers.  Bummer too, because the
hype had it sounded pretty cool until I realized how recent those
remote holes were :(

I didn't put a judgment on the quality of the software, but it is not as bad as you want to make it look like, plus you would be surprise how many developers are running it anyway.

If it ever make it to the default install, don't you think there would be a nice audit on it first? I am not putting it down, I simply stated the BSD license oppose to the new more restrictive Apache to answer the question, that's all.

In the end, I fully trust that if anyone from the project put it in, they will have looked at the implications of it and I fully trust their judgments!

I have to say, if Apache would ever be release, I would love to see the replacement be part of the kernel if you asked me. Benchmark on web server built in kernel are just amazing!

But again, I am not talking for the project, nor would I pretend to know what they would do either!

I was only answering the question at the risk of been flame doing so as this was beat up to death many times in the archive.

Peace...