Am 08.11.18 um 09:03 schrieb Stefan Wollny:
> Hi there,
>
> just a little nit with the iridium-browser unveiled:
>
> I changed the 'exec' command in /usr/local/bin/iridium like so:
> - LANG=${_l} exec "/usr/local/iridium/iridium" "${@}"
> + LANG=${_l} exec "/usr/local/iridium/iridium" "--enable-unveil" "${@}"
>
> With this change I can browse the web as before. BUT: My startpage is a
> html-file in the users home directory containing a huge collection of
> links to web sites. I use this file at home and at work where I am
> forced to use the most popular unsafe OS. With iridium unveiled this
> page is no longer accessible instead I get 'ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND'.
>
> Switching back to the exec without "--enable-unveil" and iridium finds
> the file again. Easily reproducible.
>
> With other browsers (e.g. FF, otter, netsurf, links+) this particular
> file is accessible. No reason not to enable unveil on iridium in
> particular as it just has been updated (in ports).

Found an easy solution: While access to the user's home directory is not
permitted, access to the subfolders _is_ allowed. Simply copied that
particular file to ~/Downloads/, changed the path in iridium's settings
and we're back to familiar operations. :-)

Now: How to give permission to access my home directory?