On 11/27/18 05:48, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a strange and blocking issue after upgrade to 6.4 on my x86-64
> laptop, which was running 6.3 just fine.
>
> I got the bsd.rd kernel, booted it and installed, quick, easy no issue.
> Now, if I reboot, the kernel will reboot just after having written the
> first line of numbers on the screen.

So far, with one or two exceptions, everyone complaining about this has
a One Big Partition disk layout.  A bad idea, not suggested, and I don't
think you will get much sympathy.

I know of one machine that behaves as you describe with a very modest
(smaller than suggested) root partition, but I'm feeling very alone
here. :D

Nick.