On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, eric wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 16:04:22 -0700, Diana Eichert proclaimed...
>
> > the metanetworks 10G can
>
> Hmm, no kidding. Do you know of anything that is rather lossless just for 1G
> networks (optical)? We may be throwing some taps out and the usually intel
> cards are very lossy.

The MTP-10G can actually filter in both directions at 10G.  Livio made a
short presentation at the Internet2 Joint Techs Workshop today.  A
gentleman (I think it was Arien Vijn, I'm real bad with names) from AMS-IX
(Amsterdam Internet Exchange) presented with Livio their plans for the 10G
card at AMS-IX.

The Force10 cards, Force10 bought Metanetworks in Nov 2005, are designed
more for filtering.  Per my request Livio created an OpenBSD driver for
the card, so you can use either Linux or OpenBSD.

diana