On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 06:56:22PM -0700, Stanislav wrote:
> OK. What can I do?
> Could you recommend an action I can make?
> Is it normal if I just wait for new version of rtwn?
> Or does this situation mean that mentioned card probably never will be
> supported?
>
> I have searched similar cases.
> Stefan Sperling's report at EuroBSDcon2017:  "Sometimes just adding a new
> PCI/USB device ID is enough to extend device support of an existing driver".
>
> Or the problem is more complicated and driver is not ready to work with the
> device. Is it? What can I research?

You have a different chip than those which the driver already
supports. So just adding an ID won't be enough.

About the only possible way to determine what needs to be done is to
read and understand the Linux driver code for your chip and figure out
how exactly it differs from the code for the chips already supported
by both OpenBSD and Linux. Which requires a lot of work to do.

Then someone who has time and skills could implement code which covers
those differences for OpenBSD's rtwn driver. That's even more work.